“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it! Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
Justin Bieber “came alive” on YouTube, the ultimate video platform to share and engage (and engage he did!). We are blown away by his historic rise to fame – and the important role that YouTube and Twitter played in making “Bieber Fever” part of pop music history.
The documentary “Never Say Never” is a powerful lesson in the power of the social web with a huge serving of inspiration on top. Gordon has seen it once and Nina seven times (are you laughing right about now?) Is it because we are big Bieber fans? Maybe…well Nina is for sure, but more importantly we are fans of YouTube which has forever changed the way we consume and share video.
Second only to Google in number of daily searches, here’s a few stats that show the power of this social platform:
· Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day
· Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
· Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
· More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years
· 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute
· 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
In 2008, Justin Bieber was discovered by Scooter Braun, who found him on YouTube. As of today, Justin Bieber has over 2.3 BILLION views and over 1.3 MILLION subscribers on YouTube alone.
Now that you understand our love of Justin Bieber, we hope you will watch Never Say Never. We highly recommend it as an inspiring social web lesson we can all learn from.
Most importantly, we believe in the creativity of our community – and view YouTube as the new PLATFORM from which artists can share, engage and empower with a 24/7 audience of fellow professionals and consumers. Ask what makes you come alive, go do it, and remember, never say never.